The underlying ethos of Rockhampton Girls Grammar School is one of dedication, honesty, responsibility and respect.
These characteristics are prominent amongst the standard upheld within the boarding school. Every student is recognised for who she is and what she brings to the school community.
A strong support network of dedicated boarding mistresses assist the students
- with the difficulties experienced living away from home;
- to cope with preparing and maintaining a study regimen;
- scheduling tasks for completion;
- coping mechanisms when living in a community;
- friendship issues.
The staff take their duty of care responsibilities most seriously and the School thus has appropriate procedures in place to ensure students safety at all times e.g.
- Parents or parent-approved adults must sign the students out for activities or travel.
- On-campus security undertakings ensure that the students are safe in their boarding houses.
- The sign-out scheme ensures boarding staff know where our students are at all times.