Bequests

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give” Winston Churchill

Rockhampton Girls Grammar School Gold Circle Bequest Program

WHAT IS A BEQUEST
A bequest is a gift specified in your Will, and is a meaningful way of showing your loyalty and contributing towards the future of the School whilst still enjoying your current assets.

While Rockhampton Girls Grammar School has a long and proud history, the introduction of philanthropic programs is a recent initiative.The Rockhampton Girls Grammar School Gold Circle Bequest Program has been established to enable members of our school community to provide a gift that keeps on giving.

Including Rockhampton Girls Grammar School in your Will is a very meaningful way of contributing towards the security of the School and enabling initiatives and opportunities to be embraced by the students of today and tomorrow.

Making a bequest to Rockhampton Girls Grammar School allows you to make a gift without diminishing your current assets, and enables you to perhaps make a more significant contribution than may otherwise be possible. You may also choose to nominate how you would like your bequest to be used, whether for general or specific purposes within the School. By nominating Rockhampton Girls Grammar School as a beneficiary in your Will, you are making a gift of perpetual worth to the School and becoming a Gold Circle member.

Gold Circle members who have committed to a bequest enjoy privileges such as:
•  Strategic involvement in key School decisions,
•  VIP invitations to all School events,
•  Regular updates on current and upcoming projects,
•  Public recognition of your name for specific bequests,
•  Acknowledgement and gratitude from the School community, and
•  A special edition Gold Circle necklace to commemorate their commitment.

No two bequests will be the same – each gift is completely personal and will reflect your unique relationship with the School. Bequests could look like:
•  A percentage of your estate,
•  The residue of your estate, after providing for family and friends,
•  Specific assets such as an art collection or memorabilia,
•  A specific sum of money,
•  Stocks and shares,
•  Insurance policies, or
•  A combination of the above.

CREATING YOUR LEGACY

YOU ARE ALREADY A VALUED PART OF THE ROCKHAMPTON GIRLS GRAMMAR SCHOOL COMMUNITY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT  WE AIM  TO  PROVIDE GIRLS WITH EVERY OPPORTUNITY,  NOT JUST EQUAL OPPORTUNITY.

To continue to provide high-quality education and stay up-to-date with technology, we invest considerable funds into student engagement and capital projects.

Our Gold Circle Bequest Program exists to give our community members a way to contribute to the future of Rockhampton Girls Grammar School. It’s a way to be acknowledged for your ongoing commitment and to be involved in strategic decisions that help to shape the School and our community for years to come.

By way of a bequest you can name Rockhampton Girls Grammar School as a beneficiary of a portion of your estate, or of particular assets in your estate. Joining the RGGS Gold Circle costs nothing now but ensures that your legacy lives on through the leaders of tomorrow.

HOW CAN MY BEQUEST BE USED

You are able to direct your bequest in an unrestricted way to Girls Grammar, allowing us to use the funds where they are most needed, with the Board’s blessing.

Some prefer to direct a bequest to areas that have particularly impacted their lives, such as a music or agricultural scholarship. Others want to give the gift of a Girls Grammar education to those who may not otherwise be able to afford it.

Regardless of how your bequest is used, you can be secure in the knowledge that your gift will make a lasting impact on future generations of Girls Grammar Girls.

Preferred wording for wills – To assist your solicitor, Rockhampton Girls Grammar School recommends the inclusion of one of the following paragraphs in your Will.

Unconditional Gift to the School
I GIVE AND BEQUEATH free of all duties and taxes payable upon or in consequence of my death to Rockhampton Girls Grammar School, Cnr Denham & Agnes Streets Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, to be used for its general purposes

The sum of $…………;
My property known as …………;
The following chattels …………;
A ………… per centum share of my estate.
I DECLARE that the receipt of the Principal for the time being or other proper representative of the Board of Trustees shall be a sufficient discharge to my Trustee for the foregoing gift and that my Trustee shall not be bound to see to the application thereof.

Gift to the Scholarship Fund
I GIVE AND BEQUEATH free of all duties and taxes payable upon or in consequence of my death to Rockhampton Girls Grammar School, cnr Denham & Agnes Streets Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia

The sum of $…………;
My property known as …………;
The following chattels …………;
A ………… per centum share of my estate,
upon trust to pay the same to the credit of the Rockhampton Girls Grammar School Scholarship Fund, to be invested as part of the permanent capital of that Fund.
I DECLARE that the receipt of the Principal for the time being or other proper representative of the Board of Trustees shall be a sufficient discharge to my Trustee for the foregoing gift and that my Trustee shall not be bound to see to the application thereof.

If you choose to make a bequest to the School, you will be continuing the tradition of giving and you will have the knowledge that you have made a difference.

If you already have a will, a codicil can be included to add the School to your list of beneficiaries. Download RGGS Codicil.

Alternatively, please email EnterpriseManager@rggs.com.au for more details or call (07) 4930 0964 to discuss how your bequest can benefit the young women of Rockhampton Girls Grammar School.

Potential benefactors can be assured that all communication with the School regarding bequests will be strictly confidential.

Not only for school, but for life we are learning.
Non Scholae, sed vitae.