WOW, what great results for the 2015 Rockhampton Eisteddfod. Details and results are all due to Jess Dawes and Christina Bond, our dedicated and sleep deprived musical dynamic duo.
- Our Prep-3 Choir won their section! They sang beautifully and looked amazing.
- Mini Glee won their section in Folk Group against seven other competitors! They sang so beautifully and represented the school with pride. The adjudicator wrote a lot of ‘excellent’ on the report and commented on their ‘great potential’. So proud of the girls!
- 4-6 Choir – First place! They sang beautifully and the adjudicator was extremely impressed.
- Secondary Choir – First place!
- Small Vocal Group – First place!
- Secondary Folk Group – Second place!
- Folk Group U18 – Second place!
- Glee Group – First place and the Christina Bond Trophy!
- Aggregate Announcements:
- The Senior Choir won the Colvin Family Trophy for ‘Most Outstanding Vocal Choir of The Eisteddfod’ (we won this trophy from 1997-2004 and then in 2007 and haven’t been awarded this since then)
- The Primary Choirs won the Agnes & George Keegan Memorial Trophy for ‘Highest aggregate for Small School Choirs’
- Our very own choir conductor Jess Dawes was awarded the Robinson Family Trophy ‘Most Outstanding Vocal Choir conductor of the Eisteddfod !!
These are amazing achievements for the School and we are becoming the School to watch with our choral endeavours. Members of the community and the adjudicator have commented on the high standard and musicality of our performances.
These results are a reflection of the many hours of rehearsals in preparation for this event. The girls have shown dedication and commitment and represented the school with pride each and every time they stepped into the auditorium and onto the stage.
We could not be prouder of their achievements!