Primary News

June 9, 2016 at 3:05 am

IMG_5760 (2)I am always amazing at the vast array of opportunities our girls get to experience at Girls Grammar. This term has been no exception. I would like to congratulate the student council representatives and our Primary Prefect, Jasmin Dwyer, on the organisation and assistance for the Gaia Festival. Each council member also had the opportunity to invite a friend which was also a fantastic help. Our teachers not only spent their day working in classrooms but also managed stalls for the evening which shows excellent commitment and passion to Girls Grammar.

I also have had the privilege of watching some of the primary choirs performing at the Eisteddfod and I couldn’t be prouder of not only the results, but the conduct of our staff and students. Well done girls – your rehearsals paid off with some amazing results.

From cultural events to sporting our girls are given every opportunity to participate and enjoy their schooling. Mr Fuller ran an amazing athletics carnival and I enjoyed watching the girls race, throw and jump! Well done – I am looking forward to the winning house announcement from Mr Fuller!

We have a variety of visitors in the school – the Commbanking Institute to talk finance fun with our girls and a fabulous Arts Council ‘Thoughts Have Feelings Too.’

Congratulations also must go to our girls in the primary school who have been participating in the ICAS non mandatory assessments. I am looking forward to the results!

Have a terrific break over the winter holidays!

Michelle Gouge
Director of Primary