A word from our Deputy Principal Michelle Gouge

July 2, 2018 at 8:28 am

We have reached the half way point! What an exciting Semester we have had, especially being awarded Finalist Regional School of the Year in the Australian Education Awards. By now many of you have received your Academic Reports for the Semester. I encourage you to now to get some rest, enjoy some well-deserved family time and refocus for the Semester ahead. Reporting time is a great reflection on the efforts you have contributed towards your studies. It is a time to ask yourself the question, ‘did I give my best effort?’ We have been working at a whole school level on focusing on the growth mindset strategy of effort praise versus person praise. Carol Dweck’s studies have proven when we give feedback on the effort being applied to the task, rather than the outcome, improved results are seen.

We will be welcoming a number of new students to our community next Semester which is always exciting to see students desiring to be a Girls Grammar girl. Please make our new families feel welcome and a part of this very special place.

I trust that you will have an enjoyable time over the next couple of weeks. We have a very exciting event coming to our school next term as we are hosting OptiMinds. Girls Grammar will have ten teams participating in this unique competition. Good luck girls. I am sure the effort you put into preparing, rehearsing and resource building will be well worth it on the day!

See you on the playground.

Michelle Gouge