A Word from our Principal

November 2, 2018 at 1:14 pm

It’s hard to believe we are at the end of week 4 already.  With only 2 weeks of school left before the end of year 12, these next weeks promise to be very busy.  I wish our Seniors the very best for their upcoming exams.  I hope that all your hard work pays off.

It’s that time of the year when a lot of the traditional processes really ramp up.  In the last week, we conducted the Valedictory Competition.  I am very pleased to announce that Kasey Davies from Wandoan will be the 2018 Valedictorian.  She is a well deserving choice and I am sure you will enjoy hearing her speech.

We also conducted interviews for Prefectship next year.  I am extremely impressed by the candidates we have for prefect in 2019.  They come from a wide range of perspectives too – sport, music, cultural, academic, long time students, recent additions to the Girls Grammar family.  The common denominator is that they all spoke of a desire to give back to the school community; to support the other girls in our school.  I am looking forward to the announcement of Head Girls and other positions at Speech Night.

In the coming weeks we will celebrate Girls Rock, Graduation, Boarder’s Dinner, year 6 graduation, our orientation weekend and much more. It is a bittersweet time of the year for many and I know that that doesn’t just apply to the girls – there will be some parents whose journey will also come to an end.  Having said that, what the last weeks have shown us is that the pull back to this beautiful school community will always be strong.
I urge you all to get involved in another great event as we celebrate the end of Year 12.  The P&F is hosting a Colour Run at the Botanic Gardens on November 11.  These are great events, lots of fun and we think it’s a great way for the Seniors to have one last run together.  I hope to see you there.

Until next week.

Ms Christine Hills (Principal)