Boarding Bulletin – Week 4 Term 4

November 5, 2018 at 3:53 pm

It is hard to believe we are at Week 5 and in less than two weeks our Year 12’s will be graduating.

Exams will commence for our Year 12 students this Wednesday. I know throughout last weekend, in the boarding house, there was a sense of quiet in Kollar House and it was reassuring to see the girls studying and getting organised. I wish our Year 12 boarders the very best for exam block.

This Saturday night we will be celebrating as a boarding community, our annual Boarders Farewell Dinner. It is always an exciting event and much anticipated, as it is often a mixture of laughter and tears. Our Year 10 boarders will host the event and I thank them in advance for their commitment and especially their fundraising efforts for 2018.

We have several events coming up, including Girls Rock, Graduation, Speech Night and our new boarders Orientation weekend. It will be a busy time for us all. If you are intending to take your daughter(s) out on leave during these events, please use the online boarding electronic leave system (https://boarding.rggs.qld.edu.au), regarding approval. This assists in the organisation of buses, meals and staffing.

I look forward to the coming weeks and fare-welling our Year 12 boarders. It has been a pleasure to work with them over the last couple of years and, as I have said previously, it is not the length of time that defines the experience, I believe it is the quality of the girls in our care that makes boarding a daily joy.

Ms Bernadette Hyde-Mewburn (Director Boarding and Student Welfare)