RGGS welcomes a new strings teacher

March 8, 2019 at 2:28 pm

This year we are pleased to welcome a new strings teacher, Miss Alyssa Black, to the RGGS music teaching team.

“I would like to introduce myself as the new Strings Instrumental Music Teacher at Rockhampton Girls Grammar School.  Growing up in the Yeppoon area, my musical education began at the age of seven years old.  In addition to many other exams, I completed my Associate of Music Australia (AMusA) Diploma for piano in 2017, and AMusA Diploma for violin in 2018,” Miss Black said.

She said having the opportunity to learn both piano and violin influenced her life in a positive way.

It also taught her the qualities of dedication and diligence which she believed to be important life skills.

“I enjoy teaching music and have taught many students privately over the last few years, putting students through examination and Eisteddfod performances.  I am eager to build the Instrumental Strings Program at the RGGS to a level of excellence,” Miss Black said.

“I look forward to working with the strings program and string ensemble and passing on an appreciation for the fine art of a stringed instrument.”