A word from our Principal (Acting)

September 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm

13 September

Dear Parents and Guardians

RE: THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

The next two weeks are exciting weeks for the students and staff here at Rockhampton Girls Grammar. The What’s On accompanies this letter each week which has the times and dates for the week ahead. I do hope we see you at the Interhouse Choir or Naarah’s Touch Carnival. You would be most welcome to come along. I hope you have also taken the opportunity to engage in the Parent Learning conversations on our last day of term. The relationship between the teacher and home is an important one. We finish our term early to capture our families who do not live locally so I do hope you are able to make it in on the day. Alternatively, our teachers and staff are exceptional communicators so please feel free to contact your daughter/s teachers by another method if you are not available on the day.

The RUOK day was a fabulous celebration this week organised by our prefects. Thank you, girls, for your organisation and the commitment to ensuring the message is clear and needed. The photographs available on our Facebook page really portrayed the enjoyment from our girls.

Thank you also to Abigail for her thoughtful suggestion around ‘Wear Your Jersey to School Day’ in memory of two very special people in our community and in support of organ donation. We managed to raise a sizeable contribution to the cause and appreciate the efforts the girls went to for the event. My apologies if the communication to you was not timely enough, however we were working around no disruptions during assessment and QCS week. Overall, the school was a sea of jerseys and the girls enjoyed the opportunity for dress up.

We have some amazing events coming up that may interest you. Firstly, our Heritage Listed Tennis Court facilities upgrade. If you are interested in constructing or learning how to construct some funky pallet furniture, please inform us via our survey link we recently sent out to you. Secondly Bulls ‘N’ Barrels will be here before you know. The P and F have been busily preparing this fabulous event for our girls and we thank them greatly. Finally, our school musical is nearing time for presentation. Please have a look at our VIP packaging options available on the night. I thank you in advance for supporting this great school. 

I hope that you enjoyed your week as much as I have! My door is always open. I encourage you to talk with me. Girls – I will see you on the playground

Regards,

Michelle Gouge          

Principal (Acting)