Why Rockhampton Girls Grammar School?
- CLEVER CONFIDENT CONNECTED short video
- The freedom of learning in a ‘GIRLS ONLY’ ENVIRONMENT, away from distractions
- DIVERSE ACADEMIC PROGRAM to achieve outstanding results at every year level
- A LAPTOP FOR EVERY STUDENT, provided in our cyber-safe eLearning environment
- INCREDIBLE FACILITIES, included a gym, swimming pool and dance, music and drama studios
- SMALL, SPECIALIST CLASSES to ensure individual attention and learning
- OFFERING AN EXTENSIVE RANGE OF SUBJECTS through every year level
- Our AWARD WINNING DANCE PROGRAM, with many girls going on to compete nationally
- A FABULOUS ON-SITE CHEF for day students and boarders meals
- PURPOSE-BUILT MUSIC CENTRE with dedicated Instrumental teaching staff
- OUR 122 YEAR HISTORY of educating Central Queensland’s young women
- CARE MENTORS to ensure your daughter’s personal development every day
- The ‘BIG SISTER’ PROGRAM, supporting every new student and making sure they are welcomed.
- THREE LANGUAGES IN OUR LOTE CURRICULUM: Japanese, Spanish and Latin
- ANNUAL OUTDOOR CAMPS PROGRAM, taking our girls to see Australia
- OUR CATTLE CLUB and AGRICULTURE PROGRAM, where girls have the opportunity to raise animals
- DAILY BUS RUNS to Yeppoon, Gracemere and North Rockhampton
- SPECIALIST SPORTING PROGRAM, including rowing, netball and touch football
- ON-SITE OUT OF SCHOOL HOURS CARE and VACATION CARE PROGRAM, in a familiar environment
- ACTIVE COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT, with fundraising and community service encouraged
- NO ONE IS LOST IN THE CROWD at Girls Grammar
Girls Grammar provides girls from all backgrounds with access to a caring, safe, yet challenging, educational environment in which there is a good balance between academic, cultural and sporting activities.
The School Motto – Non Scholae sed Vitae – Not only for School but for Life we are learning – epitomises the philosophy of the School.
Choosing a School
Education is an investment that lasts a lifetime. In researching and choosing the right school, parents and students should assess whether a school is suitable before making a final decision. At Girls Grammar we believe that schools are not ‘one size fits all’. It is crucial that the educational environment is a good fit with the student’s personality, attitude and interests.
Why do families choose Rockhampton Girls Grammar School?
Parents and students choose Girls Grammar for our strong academic results, the breadth of opportunities offered to girls and because of our committed, supportive and close-knit community underpinned by a strong value base.
The Principal, teaching staff, and current students are very welcoming and approachable, and friendships formed within the School community often last for many years.
Our School’s smaller size is a positive influencing factor for many families – every girl has the opportunity to shine and the class sizes ensure that girls are provided with the best educational opportunities possible. Excellent academic results achieved throughout the years have clearly demonstrated this. Girls Grammar is also able to provide real opportunities for students to participate in a large number of sporting and cultural cocurricular activities.